Author Topic: SWR, CMC, Balun and Antenna Feed  (Read 595 times)

KI5NPB

• Offline Offline
SWR, CMC, Balun and Antenna Feed
« on: July 27, 2021, 17:39:06 UTC »
I am new HAM but have a lifelong scientific approach to empirical data, primarily Computers and Aviation. I make every piece of information I get prove itself out. I read many sites and blogs that have answers to SWR, CMC, Baluns and Antenna Feeds all over the spectrum. Yuck! ALLWAYS and NEVER. My reading (and rereading) of VU2NSBs articles and writings are the clearest I have seen yet. He is still developing this website and still has much unpublished articles. Set SWR and CMC aside for the time being I am trying to work antenna backwards to the transmitter. Currently I see Baluns 1:1 to 1:9, which is correct. 1:1 by DX provides best broadband performance . . . OK what about Antenna Feed Impedance? My current Balun is 5:1 (End Fed wire), mfg. states the 5:1 is best compromise for their broadband antenna. VU2NSB suggest 9:1. After Feed Point issue is settled then I will resolve downstream (Ant. to Transmitter) variables. The ARRL series has a lot of information and math for all of this but still no prospective.

73' David Little KI5NPB