Coming Soon - This article is under preparation
VU2NSB.com is a new website which has not yet been formally launched. We are rapidly populating the website with articles and posts. This article is under preparation and expected to go online soon. Meanwhile, you may browse through the portion of the site which is ready.
Should you wish to stay apprised about the new articles as and when they are posted, you may subscribe to our newsletter. We will inform you when the site is fully functional.
Thank you for your patience and valued patronage.
Related Posts and Articles
- Radio Equipment Test Parameters May 8, 2015
- Radio Rigs April 24, 2015 What are Radio Rigs for Amateur Radio? Radio rig is a generic term used by an amateur operator for the radio station equipment. It includes not only the primary transmitter and receiver (or transceiver) but also…
- RF Testing April 24, 2015 Do we need T&M Equipment for RF Testing? Test and Measurement popularly called T&M which form the core of RF testing is perhaps a very vital aspect in amateur radio, as well as in all other…
- Why doesn't 59 Signal Report on Repeater make sense? March 11, 2020 Does 59 Signal Report on a Repeater make any sense? Does a 59 Signal Report exchange during a QSO on a Repeater make sense? Unfortunately, it doesn't... We so often come across stations who report 59,…
- Will High Gain HF Preamplifier help work Weak Signal DX? January 22, 2020 High Gain HF Preamplifier for Weak Signal DX? Is it true that a high gain HF preamplifier will enhance the ability to work weak signal DX stations? Broadly speaking, the answer is NO! it won't. However,…
- HamSphere 4 April 25, 2015 Real vs HamSphere Virtual vs Hybrid Radio communication and Amateur Radio as the terms suggest, clearly define the mode of communication using electromagnetic (EM) radio frequency waves. Hence it is obvious that the medium of signal…
- Will low SWR always ensure a good Antenna setup? February 28, 2020 Does Low SWR always mean a good Antenna setup? Many amateur radio operators often assume it to be true but the question is, will low SWR always ensure that the antenna has been optimally setup? Although…
- Noise in Radio communication November 24, 2019 Introduction to Radio Communication Noise As important as the desired signal, the aggregate undesired noise in radio communication is a factor that is equally important. The insight into the causes and sources of noise are vital…
(No Ratings Yet) - Please vote the article with your valuable star rating. Thanks! Basu (VU2NSB)
Recent Articles & Posts
VHF Propagation Path Profiler – Web App
Terrestrial VHF Propagation Path Profiler The VHF Propagation Path Profiler presented here is a comprehensive application that allows us to graphically render and mathematically compute various relevant VHF/UHF propagation metrics including VHF propagation path losses, Read More…
Antenna Bearings – Geodesic Map
Antenna Bearings – Geodesic Map We present automatically rendered Antenna Bearings with Geodesic Paths projected on a Rectangular Map. Each geodesic great circle path displayed on the map originates from your location that is derived Read More…
The Great Circle Map – GCM
The Great Circle Map – GCM We present an automatically rendered Great Circle Map – GCM based on your location derived from your Internet IP address. Therefore the Great Circle Map generated below should be Read More…
Multiband End-fed Half-wave EFHW Antenna
Multiband End-Fed Half-Wave EFHW Antenna The End Fed Half Wave antenna or the popularly known EFHW antenna has been around almost ever since the inception of HF radio. Nevertheless, the EFHW antenna had in the Read More…
SSN, SFI, Solar Data for HF Propagation
SSN, SFI, Solar Data for HF Radio Propagation Here are some of the important Solar activity parametric data that are responsible for influencing the behavior of the Ionosphere on earth. These, in turn, are instrumental Read More…
Recent Blog Posts
- EMI-RFI and Noise related HF Radio Station performance loss
- Low SSN – Why do most Hams find HF Radio so difficult?
- Is FT8 popularity growing at the cost of SSB Phone and CW?
- Interpretation of S-Meter Noise Floor in HF Radio Receivers
- How badly can high Local Ambient QRM affect HF Radio?
- 100W on a Wire Antenna – How far would it reach?
- Understanding Antennas – The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly
- How to get started on ISS Cross band Repeater?
- Antennas and Arrays (6)
- CW and Digi-modes (2)
- Radio Communication (8)
- Radio Wave Propagation (10)
- RF Transmission Lines (2)
- Space Communication (1)